Healthcare Training Questions
What programs does MK Education offer?
MK Education offers: Central Sterile Processing, Dental Assistant, Hemodialysis Nurse, Hemodialysis Technician, Medical Billing, Medical Coding, Pharmacy Technician, Phlebotomy Technician, and Veterinary Assistant.
Where are these programs offered?
MK Education currently partners with colleges throughout the United States and is consistently increasing. Visit the MK Education website (www.MKClient.org) for a current list of partners.
What is the responsibility of the college once the MK Education program has been accepted into the facility?
Every college, high school, or corporate learning institution and their needs will vary. We have a traditional module that is hosted within our new client base. Following that, our program services are able to be broken down into several tiers depending on each educational institution’s specific needs. For a complete package explanation, contact MK Education directly at 630.541.3600 or email [email protected].
What is Flipped Learning?
Flipped Learning is a pedagogical approach in which direct instruction moves from the group learning space to the individual learning space, and the resulting group space is transformed into a dynamic, interactive learning environment where the educator guides students as the apply concepts and engage creatively in the subject matter.
What materials are included in this program?
EBooks, lab supplies, and externship cost. A complete breakdown of this information is located on the college flyer and also on the website.
What teaching style elements are used in the typical MK Education classroom setting?
Our instructors focus on several teaching style elements within the classroom:
- Ease of understanding – since the target audience is frontline allied healthcare workers, community workers; the language would be very simple. The modules will cover basic concepts in form of a story and real-life scenarios, which the audience can easily relate to.
- Hybrid approach which can run as a flipped classroom – students can familiarize themselves with the topic by forming groups, having discussions and, reading books. Since many topics covered are quite sensitive to deal with in real life scenarios, students would have role plays to understand life skills.
- Real-life application – The modules focus on teaching how-to techniques with emphasis on applying techniques they learn to their own life situations.
- Video illustration – thought-provoking or learning videos that inspire change in behavior. Simple videos that community workers can relate to, and apply. Lectures outside the classroom, Workshops (homework) in the classroom
- Activity based – All classroom activities are based on peer-learning methods to increase student engagement and motivation.
- Teacher as a facilitator – Trainers will facilitate the activities and ensure maximum participation. They will encourage learners by coaching them and giving feedback. Facilitators will help these students face real life scenarios confidently by encouraging role-plays.
- Practical exposure and OJT (on the job training) would ensure that students are equipped and employable as soon as they finish the course.
What makes MK Education’s programs different than others?
With the understanding that MK Education stands behind their resourceful printed material and qualified educators, the flipped learning and hands on education experience is unable to be compared. All MK Education instructors are employed throughout the professional industries of the courses they instruct, and genuinely show a passion to each student who enters the classroom. Also know that the MK Education programs are customized, and we are happy to tailor our programs to fit your institution’s specific needs. MK Education’s programs revolutionize career training programs by personalizing student learning and making it possible for millions of adults to at least earn a career certification while balancing work and family.
When is the deadline to register?
MK Education’s programs have flexible start dates that correspond with your schedule. Preperation for any programs that are insourced through MK Education will take approximately 3-6 months to plan logistically.